Wednesday, December 8, 2010

2 Months later...a visit to Santa!

I realize the blog has not been updated for 2 months...so much has been going on, but I've been too overwhelmed to catch up.  So, I put it off.  Now, instead of catching up, I"ll just start with now and move forward.  And perhaps fill in a bit of the past two months as ideas occur.

Last weekend Chris, George and I, plus my parents, headed down to the cabin for a visit with Santa Claus and a Christmas tree cutting party.  My parents picked George up from daycare on Friday and headed to the cabin with him.  That gave Chris and I a chance to pack up after work, head out and even stop for dinner on the way at the Tides Tavern in Gig Harbor.  That was a treat.

When we arrived at the cabin, George was fast asleep, and Mom and Dad nearly so.  So we headed off to read before we went to sleep.  A nice night overall.  The next morning Grandma brought George up to our room to sleep some more while she headed out for her walk.  After some nice playtime, we headed over to the firehall to see Santa.  George was not looking forward to this, nor did he really enjoy the walk as it was cold and windy.  But we got to the firehall, and Chris got in line while George and I watched children sit on Santa's lap.  By the time it was our turn, he seemed fairly confident...until I brought him to Santa.  As I began to hand him over, he began to cry.  But I was a mean Mommy who really wanted a picture, so I sat him on Santa's lap, backup up and quickly took a picture, and then took George off.  George, of course, quited right down and was happy once he was off Santa's lap.  And then he got cookies and juice! 

After this, we walked back to the cabin just in time to get the oysters on the grill. We had a great group of people over for a party and we all had a lovely lunch together, then went out to cut our own Christmas trees. We got a beautiful Noble Fir that is currently standing in the carport waiting for us to have time to get it up in the house...hopefully we'll do it Saturday.