Friday, May 7, 2010

April Catch Up!

Well, I've fallen quite behind on my posting, so this will be a small update on George's life for the remainder of April.  The first weekend after tax season, Chris went away to the cabin for the weekend for his annual (may become twice yearly) Guys' Weekend.  They had great fun, and George and I spent the weekend on our own here at home.  Friday night I had an Arboretum Event, so my good friends, Kirsten and Patrick, took George for the evening, where he had a wonderful time playing with their son Bowen.  They chased each other around the house, ate a big dinner together, and even had a bath together.  Patrick took pictures and they're wonderful.  I'll share them as soon as I get them.  Then Sunday Chris came home early, so we headed to Madison Park for lunch at Cactus, then some time playing at the park.  George loved the cumin black beans at lunch, then tried to give me a heart attack by going down the biggest slide in the park.  He is a brave little boy!











































Of course while Daddy was out of town, George took a spill while we were playing in the house.  Poor little guy split his lip and had quite the fat lip.  Ouch!





















He was, as always, quite the trooper.  He also discovered the soothing comfort of sucking on frozen fish to heal hurt mouths!










































It seems like we were busy every single moment of April, I just can't recall what we did.  Tomorrow we're going Halibut fishing on a charter boat out of Westport!  Whoohoo!  We get on the boat at 3 am and fish for 12 hours...we'd better catch some BIG halibut!  George will stay home with Grandma, and he'll have a wonderful time with her, and with his cousins as well.  I'll miss my boy though, but will be in good hands with his Daddy and his Poppa out on the fishing boat.