Thursday, May 20, 2010

Mother's Day

Guess what I did for Mother's Day this year???


















Yup, me and my ling cod on Mother's Day!  Of course, this was about 12.5 hours into a 14 hour day, that started at 3 am...Yes, it was crazy.  And not all fun.  The next picture is more representative of the the first 6 hours...

















That's me and my Dad.  Chris was nice and didn't take pictures of me throwing up over the side of the boat.  So, the first six hours were pretty miserable.  I don't think I'll ever go open sea fishing again.  But I did have fun once I started hauling in fish. (My Dad's grandfather always said, "Never take a woman fishing.  They catch all the fish!"  As my Dad said this day, "My Grandfather was right" as I caught more fish than anyone else on the boat!)
































Chris has one on...  And this is my black cod.


This is my ling cod.

















And this is my halibut.  We are eating yummy fish these days.  George loves halibut.  We haven't tasted the ling cod yet.










































And this is the best picture I have ever seen of my Dad.  He looks so fit and handsome.  I am printing it and sending it to my siblings and giving one to my Mom.

































So, it was fun, but will definitely be my last Mother's Day halibut fishing.  Next year perhaps a spa day?  It'd cost the same, and I wouldn't have to get up a 3 am...

But it was fun to spend time with my Dad and my husband, while Georgie got some really good time with Grandma.