Thursday, March 11, 2010

Playtime!

George was 19 months old yesterday and the time has flown.  It's hard to believe this is the same child as that newborn we brought home a lifetime ago.

George didn't eat that much tonight, but was really ready for his bath.  After eating dinner, he asked to get down and to "vawsh."  Luckily he also knew the sign for wash, which he used when I looked at him with puzzled expression, or I may not have known what he was asking for.  Request confirmed, I said OK, so he headed to the bathroom and pounded on the door.  I opened it, he walked in, pulled the step stool over, climbed up, turned on the taps, and began to "vawsh" his hands.    He thinks this is the most fun.  He can kind of see himself in the mirror--just in the angled portion at the bottom rim, and he likes that.  He often reaches for the soap, looking to me for approval, but as soon as he touches the soap, he says, "Nooh?"  But he sure loves getting his hands wet, playing with the taps and drying his hands.  When he's finished, he'll say, "down?" and climb down the ladder. 

After washing, we headed to the bath.  He was jumping with joy, literally.  Suddenly he turned and ran away.  I went to find him and he was standing in the entry to our bedroom saying "Uh oh!"  I asked him, "Uh oh what?"  He slapped his hands at his sides.  So I asked, "What's wrong?"  Again, he slapped his hands at his sides.  I still didn't understand, so he said "uh oh," slapped his hands on his diaper, and looked up expectantly.  I asked him if he had a dirty diaper and he smiled, and said "ditty."  So I asked him if we should change his diaper and he turned and ran, smiling, to his bedroom to the changing table!

Clever boy!

After a getting cleaned up, he headed naked but for socks (some how even cuter than naked) to the bath and jumped up and down at the side waiting to get in!  So in the bath he went.  Tonight he was very focused on putting all his toys in the basket, and playing with the jar of vanicream we put into the tub to warm (his eczema is pretty bad right now).
































































He also showed some signs of another ear infection, poor child...





















And he was feeling pretty cheeky too.  This is his cheeky face...





















And I've been trying to capture this expression for a week!